Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

My first stab at kinpira and *another* WW bento

So I'm an avid reader of Just Bento, and I saw that Maki posted her parsnip kinpira recipe and I've been dying to try it since. I love parsnips and I was *so* happy that these were flipping delicious. I had to stop myself from munching all of them down before I could get them into tomorrows bento box!

You'll notice that I do my bentos the night before. This is because I honestly do not have the mental coherence in the morning to put together a lunch, nevertheless wake up early enough to cook for it. I have a lot of time the night before, so that's when I make my morning easier by packing lunch, getting tomorrows clothes ready, etc. It's easier for me.

Tonight I made my own Turkey Sausage with Peppers & Onion recipe, which was super simple and came out flipping delicious.

Open-faced omnomnons, say what?
So I had that for supper and made my bento for tomorrow!

Bento!
It's a super simple one. Strawberries in the far cup, on the left there's the kinpira, quail egg, greens and whole wheat croutons. On the right was the leftovers of sausage and peppers. I know it's not a super colorful lunch but it will be delicious tomorrow!

I also have an extra bag of strawberries because I stay late for meetings on Tuesdays so I want something to snack on during the conference call.

Hope everything has a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. I've been trying out new recipes with parsnips, too, but yours look so much better than mine! And yes, sausage with peppers and onions are a versatile classic. It's been a while since I've had them--wonder if that should go on my shopping list for next week?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! it rocks my socks.